ARE THE LEAVES ON YOUR HYDRANGEAS STUCK TO EACH OTHER?



Are the leaves on your woodland hydrangeas stuck to each other? Take a look at your 'Annabelle' hydrangea and any other hydrangea arborescens you may have like Incrediball® or Invincibelle® Spirit. You may notice some of the leaves cupped together. It looks like these leaves on my Invincibelle® Spirit.
Hydrangea arborescens showing typical activity of leaf tiers forming their cocoon-like structure to rear their young.


Pretty interesting, huh? Don't panic!

Leaf rollers are at work here, setting up house and rearing their young. It's the first insect to show up and actually pretty normal and predictable.

I explain it all in detail in my book, Success With Hydrangeas, A Gardener's Guide. There is an entire chapter on insects and diseases of hydrangeas and what to do about them. Knowing beforehand what to expect and being prepared to handle these kinds of issues is the best way to have healthy plants that look stunning in your garden this season and for years to come.

Success With Hydrangeas,A Gardener's Guide is all about how to grow hydrangeas. It has gotten rave reviews which you can read on Amazon. That's also where you can purchase the book. If you want a signed copy, just go to my website, www.lorraineballato.com to make your purchase. The book makes a great Father's Day gift. The site will also tell you about me, where I am giving talks and how to sign up for blog posts if you are not already a subscriber. Plus you can catch up on prior blog posts.
If you are close to Danbury, CT. come to the free talk I'm giving at Stew Leonard's Garden Shoppe on June 9 at 1 p.m. I'll be selling signed copies of my book afterward. 

In my next blog post, I'll write about which of my hydrangeas are set to flower this month despite a really frigid Connecticut winter and what I did to make that happen. Sadly, unlike 2017 not all of them have buds.

Popular posts from this blog

IS IT TIME TO PRUNE NEW WOOD BLOOMING HYDRANGEAS?

HYDRANGEA PANICULATA 'LIMELIGHT'

HYDRANGEAS AND FALL WEBWORMS